As schools go to increasingly extreme measures in a bid to recruit the right staff, we think there are some key pointers to follow before embarking on a trip to Canada in search of the future generation of teachers.
Here are our 5 top tips for recruiting and retaining talented teachers:
- Develop a unique proposition for all teachers and be confident in communicating this. Things to consider: what are the incentive schemes and/or benefits to working in your school or local area?
- Maximise your target audience. You have a team of teachers within your employ. Gather feedback from them on their recruitment experiences as well as what would incentivise them.
- Streamline the application process. It’s a teachers market and you need to make the application process as smooth and seamless as possible in order to attract the widest number of candidates.
- Select your marketing channels. Sometimes less is more when it comes to expenditure. Rather than investing significant sums with recruitment agencies or on expensive advertising, maximise the relatively cost – neutral marketing channels available by enhancing your networking activity and improving the vacancies section of your website.
- Engage with digital. Don’t forget to harness the power of the web. Maximising your LinkedIn profile alone can prove to be an invaluable recruitment tool.
Want to know more? Contact our teacher recruitment team today on email@example.com or by calling 0208 892 2242.